1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What teams has the SEC beaten to deserve this reputation?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Nov 8, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

As the board's most well known Michigan fanboi loser (or is it loser fanboi) I would like to say that Boise State would dominate MIchigan's defense and special teams all day. They would score on every drive. They wouldn't miss kicks. I'm willing to bet they would probably stop Michigan's offense a few times, and force a few turnovers. They would probably win 68-31 or something ridiculous like that.

2. govols0915

govols0915 New Member

In 2006, I didn't think Ohio State would beat Florida, nor did I think it would be close. To boot, Brett Musberger and the crew were touting an OSU-Michigan rematch before the opening kickoff between the two teams.
    What's weird ... NEITHER OSU nor Michigan won their bowl game, and they wanted to see a rematch?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well yeah, but how can you make a better argument for a one loss team than Michigan's in 2006? Lost to the No.1 team in the nation on the road by 3 pts. Who did Florida lose to that year? Ole Miss or some garbage team? To that point, OSU and Michigan were the two best teams. After the bowls it was different.

4. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

IMHO I think bowl rematches are dumb. That's all.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

JaMarcus Russell dominated the SEC.

6. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Last I checked his backups won most of the big ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted