1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Sports Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3OctaveFart, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not to threadjack, but please tell me your group didn't move out of one of those historic, downtown Elk Lodge buildings.

Several in the Midwest had working bowling alleys in the basement, along with (of course) a really cool bar and huge ballroom.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Damn, I forgot about playing disc golf. Used to play a lot. Haven't played a round in at least five years. That's one sport I'd love to take up again.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On, no.
    Our lodge didn't move. Wife and I moved out of town three years ago. Now it's a $60 cab ride from the lodge to my house, so I don't go to the lodge very often.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hoops Sunday nights for 1.5 hours, 4 on 4 full court in the elementary school gym I rent; lots of good guys who played before and know how to play without taking an awkward position and don't do stupid things that would result in an injury (like on a breakaway; if you do, you're uninvited.)

Golf whenever I can, 2-3/mo. hopefully.

1 Softball league, beers in the dugout, no set lineup, great guys, after game BBQ at someone's house.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Tennis.

I started playing in a USTA league in August... my first competitive sport since high school when I played varsity tennis and was on a varsity cheerleading competition squad. Yeah, I said it, assholes... cheerleading.

But regarding my tennis game, I could really use some of y'all's help figuring out HOW TO WIN A FUCKING MATCH!!!

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was not involved in cheerleading as a youngster, but I've taken up the sport as an adult.

[​IMG]

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Do card games count?

I'm trying to get into 5Ks (just for something active to do) but I'm slow and I have a bum knee, so I'm not about to set any records.

I was always the smallest person in every class and never had a lick of athletic prowess. The only sport I've ever managed to succeed at was rowing, and that's because my only responsibilities were to sit in the back of the boat and be as small as possible while telling people what to do.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You want to win? At all costs? Including loss of mancard? Become a PUSHER!! You know the guy, the dude who hits weak slices from both sides, gives you absolutely no pace and lobs at the very sight of you coming in. The way to kill a pusher is to stand way inside baseline, take balls on the rise, and crush the sitters. However, what often happens is people start dinking just as much as the pusher and you lose because he's done it more than you.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think she will be fine with losing her man card.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ha ha, Lugs has a man card.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now: Blackjack.
    Back in the day: Tennis, floor hockey, extreme drinking.

Draft saved Draft deleted