1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Should I Get My Wife For Xmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Dec 16, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

it took me about half a second for the digital photo frame to pop up

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I hear Walmart has jewelry counter. [crossthread]

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

The picture frame idea is a really good one.

This may be an odd suggestion, but you ever think to ask her what she wants? Maybe my wife and I are different than the norm, but we make a list of gift ideas for each other. If we come up with a different idea not on the list, it might be appreciated, it might not be. We're honest enough to tell each other if a gift sucks.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

subtle...

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Digital frame is a great plan (that's one of the things I'm getting for my wife, who goes back to work in a couple of weeks).

Maybe consider some jewelry that incorporates your daughter's birthstone? That would make it a gift that will last forever and mark an important year in your lives. I looked into that, but there was just no way to make opals cool.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Get her a D_B for xmas! You are great at those. Just kidding. Picture frame; that was my first thought.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I ask. She says "nothing." And one year I got her just that. Worst feeling ever. I like the picture frame idea, if I can find a smaller one she can take to work.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For the digital picture frame that's portable, highly recommend this one:
    http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=588269&search_type=search&search_words=digital%20picture&prodtemp=t1

If you don't like the picture frame idea, get her one of these:
    http://www.spafinder.com/Catalog/spagiftcertificates.jsp

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

full-day spa treatment. you take the kid and let her be pampered.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Maybe Wal-Mart has some ideas.

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Totally disagree about opals. Have you ever looked into the Australian black opals. They're like blueish-green and awesome looking. And I think jewelry is always a good choice. You never have to worry if it's going to fit. Especially earrings.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I love it when I walk into a store geared toward women and a salesperson will try to help me as if I'm retarded. If I am in a good mood, I will say, "No thanks, I'd rather find the gift myself." If I am in a bad mood, I'll say, "Why? Do you know my wife better than I do? Or are you telling me that all women are generic?"

I get a lot of compliments on the gifts I buy, but the credit belongs to the small, indy merchants who use some creativity in what they stock. I don't shop with a list, but I shop in unusual stores and when I see something that's a good fit, I know it. It's time-consuming but worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted