1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Should I Get My Wife For Xmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

We've been married 19 months, lived together for six years. I have no idea what to get her. We just had a baby in February. She misses her like mad at work. My wife's only kind of girlie girl (i.e. she likes looking pretty, but isn't a shopaholic, gossipy, or concerned with the latest fashion — as long as she thinks she looks good).

I hate buying for her.

Any suggestions from husbands? Or women of SportsJournalists.com?

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

What about one of those digital picture frames loaded up with images of the young one that she might take to work?

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That is exactly what I was going to recommend. Get a nice one that also holds music/recordings.

4. (Holding for Dick-in-a-box reference)

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm in the same boat. We're spending our Christmas money on a huge trip to NY, and we're only spending a few bucks on one another. I have no clue what to get her.

Digital picture frame is a great idea. I'm getting it today.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Also what I was going to recommend.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You should get her a Wii Fit. Oh wait ... that's what JR should get me. :D

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm getting my wife a digital picture frame thing....and maybe Sound of Music tickets.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with jewelery

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you want some kind of SoM swag to give with the tickets I can get it at a discount. ;D

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, we may need to discuss this.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I disagree. I personally think jewelery is a rather thoughtless gift. I mean it's too way to just walk in and buy something. I only think it's appropriate for certain occasions, like a specific anniversary or birthday.

Draft saved Draft deleted