1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should I do ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by I'll never tell, Sep 10, 2010.

1. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Much like everyone else here, we've had our share of furloughs and such. However, because a person left our shop (in another department) I found out some interesting things, because basically I guess they don't give a rat's ass about keeping a secret anymore. Among them, was that said person did not get hit like the rest of it. Said person went in to the big bosses and bitched and moaned until that person was allowed to circumvent the hits the rest of us took.

That person is on the same level as myself, a level that only four others in the building hold. This has been at least six months ago since these things transpired. That person left two months after they bitched and moaned.

I know two of the aforementioned four were in the bitching and moaning party and those two weren't hit. I have no idea about the third person and honestly don't really care. Yes, I'm out for myself.

But I just don't see that it's fair if they're going to circumvent the rules for a couple, while the rest of us are taking the shaft without any lube.

I found another thing out too that I asked about two years ago, and now it happened that evidently the company's position has changed.

Do I need to raise hell? Should I just very PC ask why this person was extended certain luxuries that I myself have not had offered to me? Threaten to quit in the middle of football season if I don't get the same things the other person got?

Maybe I'm just pissed off, but I feel like I'd put my effort and hours (unpaid) up against anybody in the building (or even those who have left.) Most of all, it hurts because I've spent significant time with my company and I have circumstances that bind me to this area for the time being. Sometimes I feel like they hold that against me because they say/think "I'll Never Tell ain't going anywhere, so, we can do whatever we want ... even though they've been loyal to us for more than a decade."

I could interview for the sake of interviewing just to make them sweat and make them think I'm heading elsewhere.

I don't know. I just hurts that they'd treat me this way. Not that they've ever treated me like a King, but I haven't been laid off yet, which I guess is a plus.

I guess it's like ... If you're going to screw me, at least have the decency to take me out to eat and to a movie or something before you do. Don't call me drunk in the middle of the night and then expect me to swallow, too.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like you should bitch and moan. That's what gets things done around there.

Draft saved Draft deleted