1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should I do? Please help.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Sep 16, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Motion seconded. If finances are that much of a problem, you go and leave the wife and child behind for two days. They'll survive.

2. I think you should go. You are asking your boss in plenty of time. It's just over a month away for crying out loud. If you don't go, you may regret it.

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I'd vote for the go by yourself, make it quick... but, the little I Digress has been a frequent flyer since she was 4 months old. The only problem I ever had was with a douche bag sitting in front of her when she was one and kept kicking his chair. I tried to explain to him that I was trying to make her stop, it was a small plane, and he said 'I wasn't talking to you.' I damn near went postal because he sure as shit was looking right at me when he complained. She did stop kicking his chair. I'm sure he's still a douche bag.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Marriage is a partnership. The wedding? That's a whole different thing.

That was just my philosophy, as it is for my buddy who is getting married next month. All I cared about was making sure that the people I love were there and the food was good.

Plus, in the situation I mentioned, my wife was right. As much as I disliked the photog, he really didn't bother me much on the wedding day. Honestly, not much of anything was going to bother me that day, and the pictures really are outstanding.

But yes, a Saturday wedding in October is a really bad choice on the wife's part.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't buy the notion that the wedding is solely the bride's day. And I never will.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It isn't. Mine was one of the best days of my life. I just wasn't nearly as interested in the details as Mrs. OOP was.

Draft saved Draft deleted