1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should happen to Duke's Gerald Henderson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gregcrews, Mar 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think he intended to foul him hard.

I don't think he intended to crush dudeman's beak.

One-game suspension is about right, IMHO. But then again, I'm not blessed with a crippling hatred for all things Duke.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Duke loses to N.C. State in the game Henderson is out. That would be freakin' sweet. [ducking from duke fans]

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Your loss.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If you go in intending to make a play with that amplitude, you should be prepared to face the consequences should it go awry. I think a game's suspension is about right.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

So a guy should get suspended for trying to block a shot and accidentally elbowing someone in the face?

The only difference between this play and thousands of plays that are similar in nature is that Hansborough was bloodied.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I was listening to numerous sports talk shows this morning and afternoon. I thought Dean Smith was being interviewed, but it was just all the Tarr Heel fans (plus ESPN fanning the flames -- with their only regret being this didn't happen between the Yankees and Red Sox) bitching and moaning. Good God, can they whine. You would've thought Henderson pulled out a 45 and did Hansbrough in on the spot. The guy fouled Hansbrough hard, he got ejected and will sit out a game per leauge rules. Done and done.

7. MavRick

MavRick Member

he is not a thug. quit throwing the term around. and thats coming from a tar heel alumnus. he made a bad play. i believe that there was a "no easy buckets" command given by saruman and he was a little too zealous. i will not believe that he meant to hurt him. but i do believe that it was supposed to be a message. he got suspended for a game, justice was served. and i am as giddy as a school girl to see the media (finally) question the tactics of coach k......

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think the next time Duke and NC play, Roy Williams should send Chris Neil out on Henderson's shift.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

C'mon. Down by 8 or 10 or whatever it was with less than 20 seconds left and he commits a foul like that? Completely intentional. When you're playing that "hard" (re: dirty) in such a hopeless situation, you're trying to hurt someone who has just beaten you. It's shitty sportsmanship.

He deserves to be out for the whole damn tournament. Thug.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Despite BYH's "Starman justice" impersonation, Henderson got what he deserved, 1-game suspension for flagrant foul/ejection.

11. MavRick

MavRick Member

you dont get it. he isnt a thug. his actions were questionable, to say the least. but lets look at his body of work, before we are so quick to label. the kid grew up priviledged in the burbs. he's a good golfer, for chrissakes. im not excusing what he did. but c'mon. this rush to judgement is a farce. it was a combative, intentional foul. he is suspended for a game. lets let it go.

or rather focus on K. who is the real snake in all of this.....

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What the fuck does Henderson being a good golfer or any of that other shit you mentioned have to do with what he did to TH? And this is all coming from a UNC alum? Jeez.

Just how, exactly, is Coach K the "snake" in all this mess?

Draft saved Draft deleted