1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What salary would satisfy you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Sep 27, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Salary history = Yes, I have a history of being paid at every job I've ever worked.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'd like to have one dollar that isn't owed to someone.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you talking credit cards or at all?

We have zero credit card debt, but do have a mortgage and one car payment.

4. KG

KG Active Member

My marriage is what caused my debt (other than student loans). Fucking asshole.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I never realized marriage was a good way to erase debt.....from what I've seen, marriage is a great way to get into debt. But love is worth it.......and you can't put a pricetag on love

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yes you can. It's $15.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm making more than I ever thought I'd make in my career. Yet I'm still horrendously in debt, having to hit cash advance places, and not paying some bills.

So yes, a number that sounds like heaven isn't necessarily for those of us who are bad with money in general, and have been long enough to put ourselves in a hell of a hole.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I hear that ... it doesn't help either that the more you make, the more you spend.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Only debt the wife & I have right now is our mortgage.
    We pay the credit card bills in full each month.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Not in debt. Pretty happy about that. Enough F-you money to leave a bad situation, if it ever came to that.
    Sorry to rub it in. Not having student loans probably helped. :D

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have reached self-actualization on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

12. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Realistically, by some point I'd like to work as hard and do as well as my dad (who makes $100,000 as a freelance defense writer, working from a home office since the day I was born).

If I do stay in this profession and can't do as well as my dad, it's got to be enough to keep my wife and kids comfortable or I'm selling out to something (hopefully only) slightly less enjoyable that can satisfy the financial needs and desires of my family.

Draft saved Draft deleted