1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What sacrifice would you be willing to make?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Absurd congressional pensions (a redundancy, I know . . . . ), and also, an obvious non-starter, but the point is made.

2. I say get rid of the cartoon page in newspapers. Nobody reads them anyway.

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Not a sacrifice, but it always bothered me that the residents of Washington D.C. have no House Reps or Senators. That must change. Taxation without representation indeed.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be willing to have teachers and government workers pay more into their medical benefits and retirement packages. :D

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In order to sacrifice something, I'd have to get something from the government. So I'm scratching my head on this.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Mandatory public notice ads in local newspapers. That should be on a web site and posted in the local library.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You would be billed by the private fire company after your fire, and you would pay a company to pick your kid up on a bus if you choose to have them ride a bus. The government would give vouchers to the company for kids too poor to afford paying the bus company.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That would never work. Folks would say their checkbook got burned up in the fire. Think, man. The devil's in the details.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Find out how much you are spending as a locality to fund your fire department, and then divide that number by actual fires they are called on each year.

Your homeowners insurance would cover the cost to the fire department.

No one said this would be easy.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ace is being sarcastic.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So would I.

Tie him to a stake, pile his $46 million in cash that he had handed to him in the last year around the stake, set the cash on fire, and watch him scream. Put it on PPV, hype it as "Corporate greedster finally gets his," and you'll make twice the money lost in the fire.

12. I say we all give up getting haircuts and then donate the money for expanded unemployment benefits for barbers and hairstylists.

Draft saved Draft deleted