1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What running mate could make you switch sides?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 3, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee announced today that doctors have yet to identify the blue growth coming out of the top of his head.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

None.

For the most part, the VP does nothing except sit around and wait for the Prez to die (and break ties in the Senate). The guy at the top of the ticket is the guy I'm voting for.

3. That's what I was thinking.
    It would take something about as extreme as McCain getting Jesus or Obama taking Bin Laden or Satan to move me from one side to the other.

4. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Well, there's damn few in this space that fits in the undecided mode. This is like going into Boston and taking a poll.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just want Huckabee as far away as possible from the Republican ticket.

If McCain picks him and Obama goes with someone like Biden, I might have a decision to make...

It's not going to happen though...

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I really don't see how anyone could consider electing a Republican following the national tragedy of the last eight years. Yet there are many of you still out there. Why?

7. ScribePharisee

Two reasons:
    How about an inherent policy regarding no taxes and the structure of the courts? Regardless of how you feel about the last eight years, those are long-held and sustained values that represent glaring contrasts to Democrats.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, a collaborative society needs some taxes. I bet even GOPers have read Rousseau.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Neither will be getting my vote. Edwards might have changed that.

10. ScribePharisee

Low taxes.

Libertarians believe in excise taxes to fund the coinage and the military. Anything remotely close to that is welcome.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So I guess you're fixing that pot hole on your street? You're giving from your larder to the person across the street who can't afford food?

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Thank goodness his string of hooker killings ended well in advance of the national campaign. What a load of rubbish.

Draft saved Draft deleted