1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What popular TV shows did you never watch a single episode of in first run?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jul 26, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Friends.
    Seinfeld
    Everybody loves Raymond

I've watched Friends and Raymond in syndication. Never have or will watch Seinfeld.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think I watched the first episode or two of "The Real World" and developed a raging desire to plant my boot through my TV screen, and have gone to great pains to never watch another "reality" show ever since.

From 1981 until about 1993, I had MTV on almost all the time -- I would leave it on during the day as background music. I haven't watched 10 minutes of MTV in 10 years.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

SEINFELD . . . now I can't get enough of it. George Costanza is one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Rescue Me
    Grey's Anatomy

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

NCIS.
    Law and Order.
    Boston Legal.
    The show with Kevin James as a Fed Ex guy.

6. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I had never watched NYPD Blue until it started on TNT during the daytime. I watched the last three seasons live, however, so it really doesn't count.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The Wire, Arrested Development and The Shield, although I am watching/have watched them on DVD. I've never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives or any of the CSIs and have no plans to.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--Lost
    --St. Elsewhere

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

According to Jim.
    Star Trek

And I still haven't watched any episodes.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Wire - glad I didn't too - saw a few episodes here and there - but enjoyed it much more watching it two or three eps at a time with the DVDs. Some shows watching an hour and waiting a week, just wreck a show's momentum.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's 15 more for my list.

I've seen bits and pieces of "Arrested Development," "The Wire," and I think I'd like them, but I've never had evenings free when they're on.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Would that be "The King of Queens?"

Draft saved Draft deleted