1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What podcasts do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Nov 7, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I've recently gotten into downloading podcasts for the drives to, from and around while working. It's almost all I listen to in the car anymore. My usual playlist consists of the Washington Post political podcast, NYTimes front page and a slew of ESPN - NFL Insider, College Football Insider, Fantasy Football, Mike and Mike, etc.

I was curious to see what else people are downloading and if I'm missing out on anything. I've been tempted to check out the learn how to speak (enter language here) to brush up on my Spanish.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Am I the only one that has never listened to a podcast?

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

To add to the original question, any way to download books? Recently got in trouble for listening to sports radio at work when they allow Ipods so I'll have to switch to books or podcasts.

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

The only one I subscribe to is This American Life, which is great, especially on long road trips. I loved that show when I would only stumble upon it if I was driving at 3 p.m. on a Saturday; now I can listen to it anytime. I also listened to the rather short-lived Ricky Gervais podcast, which was brilliant.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

the iTunes store just started podcasts of "Meet the Author." Last I checked they had Alan Alda and Stephen Colbert. I listened to Colbert's over the weekend and it was pretty funny. He did select readings from his book and then had a Q and A with an audience at an apple store in NYC.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nope.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm not even 100 percent certain what they are.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

love me some podcasts

of course, this american life
    npr's most emailed stories
    npr story of the day
    all songs consdidered
    wnyc's radiolab
    smod cast (kevin smith)
    cbc's best of as it happens
    espnu college football insider
    only a game

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

No.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Actually, you might be. I'm a who not a that. [/grammarpolice]

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

No, and I read plenty of BLOGS!

12. John

John Well-Known Member

No, you're not. I've participated in one, but never listened to one.

Draft saved Draft deleted