1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What planet does Bill O'Reilly live on?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 8, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Because if he preaches the party line you like and agree with, you care less about the presentation.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all of O'Reilly's hair-trigger willingness to put someone on blast if they don't genuflect at his altar, I can't believe BOR won't take on Rush Limbaugh for calling him Ted Baxter. BOR has stalked people with cameras for saying less.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, I get that. Still stupifies me that people put up with his self-aggrandizing format. It's even more amazing to me that O'Reilly doesn't have a clue as to how he comes across...

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.johntreed.com/BillOReilly.html

I like this article about O'Reilly.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

When this nutjob croaks, his thread will read like Jesse Helms x100.

Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter. O'Reilly is an evil fuck.

6. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Bill likes to bully people his viewers don't know anything about, so he can portray them to his sheep as evil caricatures. There's no way he can con them into buying that Rush is some sort of secret leftist. Plus, Bill's answer for everything is always "look at my ratings!", but on radio Rush squashes him by a margin vastly larger than his advantage against Olbermann.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Gee here is something we've never seen --- a thread started for the sole purpose of giving the SportsJournalists.com liberal mafia a place to whine and bitch and cry and then insult a conservative personality and/or Fox News.......

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If you're making on contribution whatsoever Zag, just move the fuck along.

9. Predictable and boring as usual.

As far as O'Reilly, this is the usual game some conservative like to play whenever people complain about certain Republicans. It's simple: O'Reilly's photos were standard graphics that you see all the time. They made the NY Times reporter look more Jewish in an attempt to mock his religion. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Jesse Helms was a racist. Oh yeah, what about Ted Kennedy...
    Bush led us into an unneccessary war. Oh yeah, what about Clinton...

Notice how they never actually address whether the complaints are accurate. They just pivot to another unrelated topic and scream hypocrites.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given that O'Really consistently insults the population by advancing many arguments which would wither on the vine if he addressed certain pertinent facts related to them that he selectively chooses to ignore . . .

He's an advocate -- largely, for himself, but an advocate nonetheless.

Just, please refrain from insulting the board by calling him a newsman, or anything close to it.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Pretty odd that a "journalist" would equivocate a cartoon illustration in a newspaper with a TV show altering photographs. That's a distinction that would be clear to a kid in junior high school.

And out of respect to actual conservatives, calling O'Reilly a "conservative" isn't very accurate. Right-winger, yes. Neocon, ok. But conservative...well, not really.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, yes this thread is indeed......

Draft saved Draft deleted