1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Pandora "Radio Stations" Do You Listen To?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Pandora is not available to Canuckistanis.

2. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

It's funny. I replaced the iPod app on my iPad with Pandora. I'd rather listen to Pandora than pay music off of iTunes.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You've got Target. don't get greedy.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what do you listen to?

5. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Breaking Benjamin. Linkin Park. Those types of bands.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I never use Pandora or listen to music in shuffle mode. I'd much rather listen to a boring old album. Maybe it's just me, but there's something rewarding about listening to a record all the way through.

I don't like surprises -- even the pleasant ones -- when I'm listening to music.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and Labatts Blue

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I like the Nancy Bea Hefley station during Dodgers season.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Lupe Fiasco, LadyHawke, The Sounds. That's about it.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Every time I would start a new station on Pandora, it would give me a couple decent bands I had never heard of, but it seemed like it rarely played the band for which I named the station and kept repeating the same handful of songs. Thanks, Pandora, but I don't need to hear Two Cow Garage on my DBT station every sixth song. I finally got an iPod now, and given my incredible taste in music, it's much more satisfying than Internet radio.

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying there. I always love to hear an album from beginning to end. Such composition sometimes seems like a lost art these days.

But Pandora and shuffle are great for "radio" situations: A long day of chores, hours of remedial work or a trip to the gym.

My personal faves:
    -- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I'm not particularly a fan, but the station overall is a solid mix of ska and high-energy rock 'n' roll.
    -- Gogol Bordello. Makes great toe-tapping background music.
    -- NWA. With so many solo acts to which it can branch out, it's my go-to rap radio.

12. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Don't forget to massage the station. (That sounded dirty.) When you don't like a song, let Pandora know. It helps to refine stations.

Draft saved Draft deleted