1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What (or who) are you tired of?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Kinda of played out but you have to give Fall Out Boy credit for staying relevant
    in a time when bands come and go.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Had known about Fall Out Boy but never could have told you what they were about or what they sounded like.

Only learned the other night FOB was the band in ESPN's ads.

It's quite funny the music that ESPN'ers choose to convey their ideas.

Edit: That said, the artistic visuals ESPN chose for this year's CFB campaign was one of the best I've ever seen. Nouveau yet classical. Beautifully executed.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The bow tie fad.

Playing "God Bless America" instead of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch of MLB playoff games.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Those are two I'm actually with you on.

I've always thought the bow tie fad was ridiculous. I thought it was silly when Rosenthal started, which is the first person I recall.

'God Bless America' was fine, but it's really enough already.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

People who refer to their favorite teams as "we"

People with multiple "favorite" teams in the same sport.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

People who complain about this paper to me, then remember I work for the paper (duh!) and say, "Oh, but not you, (Apeman)."

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

* People who call and bitch me out for not covering middle school games like the fucktards to the north, of which anyone knows how the fuck to put together a coherent newspaper, and often run photos of their relatives.

* People who call and bitch because their snot-nosed little bastard didn't make the all-area team and how I cost them a scholarship.

* People who call and ask me what time and channel is the regional NCAA team(s)' game.

* People who call

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Packers and their never ending string of hall of fame quarterbacks. Fuck them.

Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish and the other assholes running the Oilers into the ground.

Taylor Swift.

99 per cent of the female pop singers today. That includes Justin Bieber.

Dickheads who have no real idea or desire to learn how to park. Especially in the winter. No you don't need five feet on either side of your jacked up pick up truck.

People who would rather text than have a real conversation.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People who insist on talking on the phone instead of sending a text or e-mail.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Drivers who go below the speed limit in the passing lane

Drivers who are oblivious to the long line of cars behind them that they are blocking because they don't feel like letting anyone pass.

The abortion issue. Fine, go ahead and ban abortion. Just wait until people start waving pictures of their wives and daughters with signs that say they would be alive if abortion had been kept legal. Or better yet, just wait until some woman dies from a back-alley and it is discovered that she was knocked up by a prominent married pro-lifer.

The WWE management not having a clue about who is over with their fans, nor bothering to listen to them.

Useless buzzwords and slogans, from both politicians and corporate management. Have a fucking plan. Stop pretending to be busy.

Roger Goodell

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This is perfect.

Draft saved Draft deleted