1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What - no VETO thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 1, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

There are several reasons New Orleans is where it is. Here are two rather significant ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_New_Orleans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_South_Louisiana

And once again, if I believed that our presence in Iraq is noble and successful, and I was secure in that belief, I wouldn't have to make spurious comparisons to New Orleans in a pathetic attempt to guilt those against the war. (And Bush apologists trying to bat down Iraq war critics by redirecting to . . . Hurricane Katrina relief is one of the most unintentionally funny things I've read in some time.)

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good points about N.O.'s status as a port. There's no way around that.

3. You're right,
    He was the guy who said we'd need 300K to do it right.
    He was ignored by the WH and ridiculed throughout the elite opinion press.

4. If the Netherlands can survive, New Orleans can survive.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Doesn't one side win a war by the other side surrendering?
    Since the insurgents/opposition are never going to surrender and we don't have the manpower to stop them from coming into Iraq from Iran and/or Afghanistan, does that mean we can't win this war?
    Isn't it time to consider the war a draw, pull out and the Iraqis fight among themselves to decide who's going to run the country?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, there is one other way: Kill every terrorist.

I suspect we'll see that happen . . . about two weeks from never.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's negative thinking. I say use the internet -- like they do in catching all those child molesters.

Go online and pretend to be a terrorist and invite all the terrorists to a big bomb making seminar or something.

Have some kind of incentive like they can pick out their 72 virgins they will meet in heaven -- if they don't come they'll be stuck with fat, ugly virgins.

Then when they all show up, get Guantanamo on their ass.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yawn is a strong believer in the pocket veto.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

300K would have had a chance at sealing the borders.
    But the elite opinion press? Are we talking about Maureen Dowd and the like? Elite certainly wouldn't include any conservatives. Those would never be in your definition of "elite."

To use one of your utterances....specifics, please.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I thought Marvelous Marvin Hagler was robbed in his first fight with Vito Antefuermo.
    Oh, this is a VETO thread.
    Never mind.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

“The question is, ‘Who ought to make that decision, the Congress or the commanders?,’’ Mr. Bush said. “As you know, my position is clear – I’m the commander guy.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/02/bush-im-the-commander-guy/

Draft saved Draft deleted