1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What, no thread on Knight getting 880?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jan 1, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Did he pay to get Marge Schott's voicebox implanted?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Apparently Knight forgot to thank Dean Smith during his press conference and went up to the AP writer to make sure and say that he wanted to thank Dean.

It would have been great if the writer had responded, "You had your fucking chance during the press conference. Now get the hell out of here and let me do my job."

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bobby got the record now. Because ever since he recruited Roy Williams away from Kansas, Dean Smith has been dead to the KU family.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boy did Bobby ever look so lonely and angry? He hung on just to break the record and the fact that he did it in little ass Lubbock with barely anyone paying attention that afternoon has to bug him. He's at best the third biggest school in his state, much less his conference. How he's fallen from the days where he was the top dog in one of the top basketball conferences. Of course I shed no tears for someone whose self worth is way, way, way over inflated.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

What happens in Lubbock ... gets ignored.

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

What a day for O'Reilly Auto Parts. :D

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Most of us learn to play basketball in fourth grade gym class, then we move onto other things.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, and he instructed the AP writer to "Make damned sure you get [Sinatra's "My Way"] in your story." And the chickenshit writer did it.

If that's me, you can lick both sides of my ass, Coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted