1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What - No GOP Presidential Debate Thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 3, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Question I wish Matthews had asked at least half of them:

Who are you, and what are you doing here?

In all fairness, that would be a good one for a good chunk of the Dems, too.

Fredo's legacy: "Hell, I can do better than that."

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Why do you call the Republican base "mouth breathers?"

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Question asked at this so-called debate that should have and hopefully will be asked at the next Democratic event: "What do you not like about America?"

Now if that was asked at the Dem's first debate, I don't think you could have stopped them from answering with a list longer than that of Santa Clause heading into the month of December.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why does it matter to you zeke? I think it's safe to say that you will not be voting republican anyway.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The answer is so obvious that it's an insult to any intelligent person. But for Boom's sake, here goes:

The Republican primaries "matter" to Democratic-leaning voters because whoever winds up coming out of said primary directly influences the Democratic candidate's chances of winning the general election.

Likewise, I'm sure Republican-leaning voters are very interested in whether Clinton, Obama or Edwards wins the Democratic primary.

As they should be.

Any other quesitons?

7. statrat

statrat Member

Same reason I watched the Democratic Debate. I would not consider ever voting for most of the Democratic Candidates, but after the absolutely pathetic performance by most of the Republican field last night (And yes Huckabee, who I had thought of as a good dark horse candidate to vote for, was terrible. He had his first real chance to show why people should vote for him over the front runners and failed completely.)

8. Because of their general anti-science, anti-intellectual-curiosity streak, for starters. Their hysteria over gay rights. Their equating stem cells with living, breathing human beings. Things like that.

9. Hey, only 30 percent of the presidential field doesn't believe in evolution.
    Things are looking up!

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

TBF, they call them that because it helps them retain their feeling of superiority. That's all they really have going for them, come to think of it.

11. That, and the fact that we have all the cool music.

UPDATE:
    And higher approval ratings:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18505030/site/newsweek/

[​IMG]

12. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Your approval rating is stuck at 0%, FB, right next to your reading comprehension score.
    The "conservative base" was referred to as mouth-breathing, not your beloved whipping boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted