1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What - No GOP Presidential Debate Thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 3, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Televised on MSNBC at 8 ET, video streamed at the Politico and you can listen live on C-SPAN Radio:

http://www.politico.com/debate/

http://www.c-span.org/

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think we should do the debates like american idol. Start out with 12 on each side, have 11 debates for each side and eliminate the weakest link every other week.

Then let the final two slug it out in a best of five debate grand finale before the election.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

More people would certainly watch. And vote.

4. Point of Order

That's, umm, kind of the way it works now. :)

5. Point of Order

Tancredo, McCain...

[​IMG]

6. Point of Order

Mike Huckaby ducks when asked if he agrees humans cause global warming.

Also, add Duncan Hunter to the bomb Iran clan. Actually, he seems to be leading the parade.

7. Point of Order

All (except for Guiliani): It will be a great day when Roe v. wade repealed.

Guiliani says it will be "ok" to repeal Roe v. Wade, but okay if a "strict constructionist" judge decides to uphold Roe's precedent.

Giuliani (tonight), "I don't" support public funding for abortion, not anymore. "I hate abortion, I would encourage someone not to take that option... but ultimately I would respect a woman's right to make a different choice."

UPDATE
    Federally funded embryonic stem cell reseach? Only McCain and Giuliani say yes.

8. unwitty

unwitty Member

McCain seems to be doing well. Strong. Measured. Attacking the President's 'mismanagement.'

Let's see if he keeps it up.

9. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

Who's the idiot who said employers should be able to fire homosexuals on moral grounds?

10. Point of Order

Dammit, I was only half listening... Did McCain just say we have to "dispose of" 12 million illegal aliens in our country now?

Congressional intervention in Shiavo was a mistake?

Yes, it was a mistake
    Romney
    McCain
    Giuliani

No, it was the right thing to do
    Brownback
    Tancredo

This thing is boring and insulting to me as an American. Lots of laughs, jokes and yukking it up all around. Chris Matthews is poor as a moderator, too.

11. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

is jerry falwell moderating?

Draft saved Draft deleted