1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What, no Democratic Debate thread? (w/Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nobody expected Kerry to do much in Iowa (both Iowa and Kerry's neighboring N.H. were Howard Dean's for the taking, and Dean spit the bit famously.)

Edwards, on the other hand, is expected to do well in both Iowa and N.H., so he will have to clean house in both places in order to claim any sort of frontrunner status.

Remember, Bill Clinton didn't win any of his early primaries, but he hung around in all of them and then kicked ass on Super Tuesday. Methinks that will be the playbook Hillary uses.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

She didn't happen to say why, did she? I haven't voted Republican or Democrat for president since I turned 18, and Richardson is the only out of either field for whom I'd consider changing that stance.

Whoever gets nominated will end up being an Empty Suit™ anyway, so we might as well have fun while this lasts.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I'll try to remember to ask her.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I could be persuaded to vote for Biden or Richardson if the Republicans put up a total yutz, but 1) I don't think the Democrats are nominating either of those two guys, 2) I don't really like either of them (I believe Richardson is corrupt and Biden is more talk than leader), so I would be casting the vote while holding my nose and 3) It would be at least 50/50 that that I would vote for a third-party candidate with no chance instead. Where is Ralph Nadar when I need him?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Where is Nader?

In the box, feeling shame...

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Sad, sad commentary on the US and A.

Bill Richardson, unquestionably the most qualified, must repeat his credentials b/c the MSM love to build up (and eventually will conduct a feeding frenzy) Clinton and Obama.

Clinton is the only candidate, in either party, that will fire up the right-wingers. Fred Thompson's cradle-robbing, attack dog act would work for VP but he's not a 12-rounder.

Richardson is smart. Press experience. Push foreign diplomacy and repeat he's a tax-cutting pro-growth Democrat.

He will be standing in Feb. 2008

8. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

It's too early to say..

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The Dodd campaign timed and charted airtime given the individual candidates (and Wolf Blitzer) during last night's debate.

[​IMG]

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

See my earlier post.

"experience" is without question the most overrated trait for a presidential candidate.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

A tax cutting, pro-growth Democrat? Those actually exist???

12. pallister

pallister Guest

During a campaign they do.

Draft saved Draft deleted