1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new TV shows are worth watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Sep 11, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I can't remember what I read, but someone said it was completely implausible, and another said it should have been better than it was.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've been through everything I've wanted to see, and my runaway winner for new shows remains "Dirty Sexy Money."

3. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

For what it's worth, I look forward to Dirty Sexy Money almost as much as The Office each week...and I really like The Office

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Absolutely. As I've mentioned before, I've never watched a show on the CW before, but this is a good start. It reminds me of a kind of comedic X-Files.

5. There's actually a few new shows I'm enjoying at the moment.

On Mondays, I'm digging "Chuck" and "Journeyman" on NBC, sandwiched around "Heroes"
    On Tuesdays, I got hooked on "Cane" on CBS. I turned off the first episode after 15 minutes, but I saw a replay and gave it another chance. Loved it.
    On Wednesdays, "Bionic Woman" has been a bit of a disappointment, but still somewhat watchable. "Dirty Sexy Money" has been my favorite of the new shows, by far. Excellent stuff. Also, "Life" has been entertaining, for the most part.
    On Thursdays, "Big Shots" has been somewhat entertaining, though if it weren't on, I wouldn't miss it.
    On Friday, I'm kind of enjoying "Moonlight," even though the acting isn't the greatest.

I know a lot of these shows don't stand up well to the discerning eye, but I'm not really one that likes to dissect shows. I just sit back and watch and if I'm entertained at all, I keep watching.
    The one show I tried to get into but couldn't was "Pushing Daisies." Not sure what it was, but I got bored.

Oh, and for those just now getting into "Dexter," welcome aboard. Probably my favorite show on television right now.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Guys, "Life" is a really good show. Great writing, and I've liked Damian Lewis since "Band of Brothers." Good balance of wrapping up an episode and carrying along the serial aspect of the show. It's the only must-see for me of the new shows.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's me, brother. I can't stand picking apart a good show because of a plot hole here or there. I just want to be entertained.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Big Shots
    Dirty Sexy Money
    Journeyman (just started getting into that show)

9. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I am digging this, too.
    Also liking "Samantha Who"

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm liking "Samantha Who" more than most people. It's gotten some serious thumbs-down in here.

11. Jims242

Jims242 Member

I Love New York as rekindled my interest in Celebreality.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best new show on the networks - Dirty Sexy Money

Best new show period - Californication...

Draft saved Draft deleted