1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new TV shows are worth watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Yo Gabba Gabba blows goats.

I really won't be watching much prime time network or cable TV. :-\

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

AMC's first foray into episodic material (I think) is "Mad Men." It's well into it, but I can't recommend it highly enough. It transports you into the late '50s, early '60s mindset each week. Fantastic period piece.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I couldn't even get through the pilot of Bionic Woman. It might have been not bad, but it was so unremarkable that I'm fairly certain it will meet an early demise.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Big Shots because Michael Vartan is in it. Jennifer Garner doesn't know what she missed out on with him.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I just watched Cane on CBS. I think it's worth watching. Solid plot, lots of drama set up, a murder and hot Cuban girls all in the first episode. The "this season on Cane" montage made it look bad, but those clips usually make the season look bad.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I loved The Nine last year and was pretty pissed when it got canned. Granted I was only watching it for the 24 connection with Kim Raver, but still.

I'm hoping Pushing Daisies, The Reaper and Dirty Sexy Money are good.

7. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

The major networks are just horrific. stick with hbo/fx/showtime.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I watched it OnDemand and gave it up midway through in favor of drinking rum and Coke and surfing the Interweb. Just seemed kind of silly...one thing that really bugged me (beside the fact that she works as a bartender in San Francisco and has a huuuuuuuuuuuuge apartment)...she's taking care of her teenage sister and the girl was listening to the New York Dolls. How many cute high school girls today listen to the freakin' New York Dolls? Have her listening to Kanye West or Justin Timberlake or something like that....

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Now, I don't agree with that at all.

My biggest problem is that there's too much I want to see on a given night.

Thursday night, for instance. Ugly Betty or Earl/30 Rock at 8. Grey's or The Office at 9. ER or Big Shots at 10. Adding AMC's Mad Men at 10 only makes it tougher.

I think there's plenty of watchable TV out there.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The Reaper was quality TV. I was surprised how good it actually was.
    And I've said it before and I'll say it again, TV is very, very good now. You just need a Tivo and a full cable lineup to catch it all. I'm not saying every show is good, but you got so many quality choices. And I don't mean Kid Nation...

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, Jim, that's at best a serious overgeneralization. Lots of good stuff on the channels you mention but lots of quality on the big four, too. You just have to seek it out. The Office, House, Lost, 24, Heroes -- not just good shows but great ones.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, bionic replacement parts/enhancements are fine, but more a teenager making an unexpected musical choice is too much for you?

Draft saved Draft deleted