1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new TV shows are worth watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Now there's a quote to give the day a nice little kick-start. :D

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

I saw commercials for "Reaper" last month. If anything, it's a really great idea for a show. In theory, it should have the potential to be hilarious. It will most likely by amusing.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw The Reaper... It's pretty good...

The main character is Lily's boyfriend from "Grounded for Life" which I think may be one of the most underrated shows of the last 10 years or so... He was also in "The Loop" which I liked a lot as well...

4. Mizzougrad96

Based on the previews, I think Dirty Sexy Money looks the best...

I can't imagine any show with Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland being anything less than excellent...

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

6. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I encourage one and all to watch "Damages" on FX. I really think it might be better than The Shield.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

After putting up with commercials for that damned show during every commercial break of Rescue Me for the last 2 months, I think I've had enough of whatever the hell that show is about, even if it has had great reviews.

Their over marketing killed that for me (maybe others?)

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This seems to be an attempt to duplicate the success of the new Battlestar Galactica. They even snagged one of the stars (Katee Sackhoff) and one of the creators (I forget the guy's name). Take a cheesy, sci-fi show from the '70s and update it into something much darker.

If they execute it anywhere near as well as Battlestar Galactica, I'll be a very big fan.

9. Mizzougrad96

Damages is fantastic. I still have to see last night's episode though...

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips ... seems like no one out there is really excited about any of these new shows either. Guess I'll probably try Reaper, but that might be it.

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I wish Muchmusic, Muchmoremusic, Star and CTV would stop playing the damn trailer for Gossip Girls.

I will literally upchuck if I see it one more time. (I believe the creator of the OC is the one behind this show)

12. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

"Burn Notice" is a pretty good show on USA, and the girlfriend really likes "Mad Men" on AMC.

Draft saved Draft deleted