1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new TV shows are worth watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

From what I heard, they don't use the sound effects in the new Bionic Woman, which is a huge missed opportunity. The first episode is already up on OnDemand. I'll probably watch it in the next day or so.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

It's funny how Hollywood will rip and shun celebrities when they fuck up, but then we get shows called Dirty Sexy Money and Californication..........

"Mommy, what does Californication mean?"

I ain't complaining. I'm just saying.

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

As an adult, though, Dirty Sexy Money looks like something I wanna watch.

Great casting.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's at least a couple shows (DSM and Cane) that are in the Dallas/Dynasty mode. Wonder why TV land thinks the bombastic prime-time soap was primed for a comeback. Pushing Daisies sounds like something with a high quirk factor that sells with critics but not with the public. I hope Cavemen is good, but I doubt it. TV Guide indicates that Carpooling bites.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wouldn't watch Kid Nation if you put a gun to my head...

I've actually seen the pilots of

Big Bang Theory - Has potential
    Chuck - Has potential
    Aliens in America - Dreadful
    Pushing Daisies - Very strange, but that's not necessarily bad.
    Bionic Woman - OK

Journeyman and Dirty Sexy Money both look good. Cane looks like it has potential.

Granted, most of the new shows I liked the most last year (The Nine, Smith, Kidnapped) barely lasted a month...

7. Our TV critic says Bionic Woman is actually pretty good and that Kelsey Grammer's new show blows goats.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'll give Journeyman a look, if only because it's got the dude from Rome in it.

Everything else looks like a steaming pile of shit, IMO.

9. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Looking forward to "Reaper" on the CW. This kid is told on his 21st birthday that his parents had sold his soul to the devil (I do not know why). He is then tasked by said Beelzebub with collecting souls that have escaped from hell. It is supposed to be quite funny and quite well written. However, it is up against "House" on Fox and "The Unit" on CBS, both shows with big audiences, so it may be moved pretty quickly.

I am looking forward to "Chuck" along with the new sitcom on ABC (I think) with Christina Applegate, "Samantha Who". Apparently, she plays someone with a mild case of amnesia and among the things she can't remember is the fact that she was just a nasty person before her accident or whatever took her memory. It too is supposed to be very well written.

The new sitcom on CBS Mondays "The Big Bang Theory" looks promising to me as does "Big Shot" on ABC.

Good Lord, I am, such a TV whore. Perhaps I should pick up a friggin' book once in a while. :)

10. dooley_womack1

Regarding House: Are they replacing all three of House's assistants? If so, why?

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Dooley, dunno, but everything I have read says he starts out with no one to help him and it stays that way for at least the first few episodes.

12. dooley_womack1

Yeah, I saw something about "tryouts." If the show just decided to fire characters, it seems like a major jump-the-shark moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted