1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new TV shows are worth watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Sep 11, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Trying to see if anything strikes my fancy to watch this year, but not much is standing out. There's a show on The CW (and I've never watched this network) that looked interesting ... I can't remember the name of it, but it's about a guy who works for the devil.

Pushing Daisies on ABC is semi-interesting, but not sure.

There doesn't seem to be too much buzz about any new show.

Any show you're looking forward to? Might just be a year where I pick up nothing new (of course, my track record isn't that great. Last year I watched Studio 60, 30 Rock, Knights of Prosperity and The Nine - three of which were canceled).

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Second season of Friday Night Lights is the only thing I'm excited about on network.

New season of Weeds of Showtime right now, plus first season of Californication.

New season of Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Journeyma... I mean Quantum Leap.

Also, I hear this season of that "National Football League" could be big. If you don't watch, it may not survive.

But also, all the shows are already on: Heroes, Curb, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights, The Office, etc.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Love both of these shows.
    Especially loved the reference to The Shield on Weeds this week. "Remember WWVMD"

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

O---Kay...

No more cable for you.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Shield is my favorite show so it see a reference to it on another network's show was great.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My Tivo will let me record any of the NBC pilots. I might try a few to see if any grab me.

I think I'll hate Chuck, mostly because I'm tired of the commercials.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've read several magazine and newspaper fall previews, and "Pushing Daisies" has been one show that has gotten big recommendations across the board. I'm not sure based on the commercials I'd have watched it, but I guess I'll try it out. "Reaper," the Kevin Smith thing, also has gotten a lot of praise.

I really think "Life" looks cool, even though reviews have been split. I'll watch it if for no other reason than it stars Winters from "Band of Brothers."

10. John

John Well-Known Member

That's the main reason I'll watch.

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I kinda wanna see Bionic Woman because the lead actress sure is purty. Although some well-connected entertainment reporter/blogger was saying that it sucked and would bite the turf real quick. Heard good things about "Pushing Daisies".

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

"Pushing Daisies", the remake of "The Bionic Woman", and "Life" are three I'm anxious to see, along with the new CBS series "Moonlight." If the Bionic Woman leaps in the air, I want to hear that sound effect that goes "na na na na na na na na..." If I don't hear, it isn't worth my time to watch it.

It's only a matter of time before The Six Million Dollar Man becomes The Six Billion Dollar Man and returns to television.

Draft saved Draft deleted