1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new shows will you watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 15, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mike and Molly seems incredibly offensive, tho I'm sure the chorus supporting the ridicule of overweight people will be along soon. At least based on the trailer, there's nothing subtle about this show.

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I'm not sure it's possible for Mike and Molly to be more offensive than Outsourced, though it looks as though it and Raising Hope will be vying for second place in the "offensive and unfunny" sweepstakes.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My Generation doesn't seem promising, as I remember a 1970s show called What Really Happened to the Class of '65 that was similar was a dud.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

But this one has 9/11 and terrorists! ::(

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I don't see any way that Outsourced will be a hit. That is a very sensitive issue in the US now, they are adding gas to a fire with that show.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've already added it to my DVR and will be watching so there's at least one person. Now they just need about 8-9 million more.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You liked Friends, right? There was not a more offensive show to people size 1 and up--ever--than Friends.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm a fat ass, and have no problem watching M&M to see how it is. At least it's not another show about a fat lovable idiot who scores a smoking hot babe and tricks her into marriage.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I seriously doubt every Mike and Molly plot will be about losing weight/being fat. Probably no more/less than Roseanne or King of Queens were.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mizzou, your mention of Rosanne reminds me of my favorite John Goodman line ever. I think he said it on Letterman.
    "You've got to regard it as a wake-up call about your health when they tell you you have to lose weight to play Babe Ruth."

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

My favorite John Goodman moment was centered around dinner at the Goodman house. I think it was on Family Guy?

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I was waiting for this show to pop up.

I can't believe in this day and age that this was greenlighted. It's funny in a warped, dark comedy sort of way that "All in the Family" wouldn't see the light of day today, but a show with a total FU premise like "Outsourced" does.

They can't pull the plug fast enough on this one.

Dools, I remember this one. It wasn't a sitcom or dramedy. It was a quasi-documentary about people from the Class of '65 and what they were doing now -- a way to capitalize off of Wallechinsky's and Medved's best-seller of that time. IIRC, they'd interview people with presumably interesting stories who happened to graduate in 1965.

The key word there is "presumably." I may have been 10-11 years old at the time, but I don't remember this being interesting in the least.

Draft saved Draft deleted