1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What music from today will stand the test of time?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boobie Miles, Feb 11, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Go fuck yourself.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Oldest comeback in the book. Typical.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Lamest bullshit age joke....dumbest fucking shit imaginable from a fucking moron.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This quickly devolved into a "youth generation" vs. "older generation" debate, and that's going nowhere. Pointless.

The Hispanic community is interesting in this regard. When there is an event - soccer tournament, wedding reception, backyard BBQ, whatever - the DJ hauls out the speakers and plays spanish-language music. Not "new music" or "old music" or "that crap the kids today like", just a variety of music. Different age groups don't claim separate genres or generations of music.

It's really a stark contrast to American culture, dating back to the "Elvis is the devil" time.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Original!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Certaily not as creative as a fucking asshole kid making an age joke.,,..damn, you're orignal.
    I repeat, go fuck yourself you useless piece of shit.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Wow, I predicted Cougargirl getting some shit for that comment, but not quite this vicious, this quick.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

None of it because, basically, practically all of today's music sucks. Powered by manufactured pop stars and that phony American Idol bullshit, you rarely hear anything with some real guts to it. Maybe I'm just pissed off that hard rock and metal (not that hardcore, Cookie Monster-lyrics bullshit or hair-band crap) has gone by the wayside, but I'm just so fucking sick and tired of those unoriginal assholes at MTV and whatever network is shoving down our throats, trying to tell us that the only music worth buying or listening to is pop, hip-hop/R & B/rap or country. OK, back to drinking Budweiser, doing shots of Jager and listening to some Metallica... :mad:

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

And that profanity-laced!

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I should have taken those bullets for Cougargirl. I should have been the one making age cracks on spnited.

Sorry Cougargirl. Forgive me? ;)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is ALWAYS funny.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm not a music expert of historian, and I agree that a lot of artists today are just cookie-cutter produced acts, but back in the '60s and '70s was it any different? I know groups like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd were doing their thing, but were there any less pop groups produced back then to do cheap, pop songs?

Draft saved Draft deleted