1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What misperceptions do people have about you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That I respect the use of the safeword.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm understanding, fair and easy going.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nobody thinks that.

4. wouldnt "misconception" be a truer label for this thread?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That I watch sports 24/7 and never miss a game on TV.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That I am a mean and angry person..... ;D

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If your head did not explode this past weekend, it never will.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Since I listen to Christian rock, I'm a right-wing, anti-everything fun, bible thumper.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean you are not?

Do you have a faded Petra shirt you like to wear?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fuckin' A!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Pretty much a tweener on politics...I have a brain and use it to the best of my ability.

Petra died to me when Bob Hartman stopped touring with the band. I only saw them once (Cornerstone '91 - Beyond Belief tour). I think they had two of the guys from the Newsboys in the band at one point (another sham of corporate Christian rock, since the Newsboys are now fronted by Michael Tait, formerly of dcTalk).

Ha! Yeah. I love(d) them also. I saw Stryper last summer in Chicago at House of Blues (first time ever). Got to interview Oz Fox for the radio station I volunteer at to help hype the show.

I'm actually more of a 90s Christian metal guy (Tourniquet, Bride, Mortification, Living Sacrifice, etc.). I have worked in Christian rock radio since about 1993 on and off, so I am always ready for a new batch of bands. As for the last decade or so, I have mellowed and like Anberlin, MxPx, Demon Hunter, Project 86, Thousand Foot Krutch and Pillar..to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

When people first meet me or are getting to know me, I have been described as stiff, cold, too serious, intimidating. But once they get to know me they find out, I am a thoughtful person and I care about other people and I have a sense of humor. The problem is that I really don't like spilling personal details to random people who quite probably don't care. I am trying to get over this perception by smiling more and making more small talk, but it's a work in progress.

Draft saved Draft deleted