1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Might Have Been: DDL Almost Played Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fantastic.

And tell me there isn't a whole lot of Gosling in this picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Instead, he signed on for T2 to play the T-1000, which could only use knives and stabbing weapons.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Timothy Dalton above Roger Moore?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a shitty list.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly:

I guess it's obvious with the success of the pic with Michael J. Fox, but it's clear even from this little bit of footage that part of the problem was Stoltz didn't project enough comedic sensibility. Those clips look like he was in a horror movie.

6. printit

printit Member

I agree, and the way they screwed him over was stupid. Remington Steele was wrapping up anyway, and knowing that the star was about to be James Bond would have helped, not hurt, the show in the time they had left. (I think a TV movie was all they had left).

7. printit

printit Member

Seinfeld apparantely agreed. the first two seasons or so the role of George's dad was played by someone else. When Stiller came in and basically owned the role, they went back and re-shot all the old scenes so that syndication, DVD, etc. would have Stiller in the role of George's dad from the beginning.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Remember the Diet Coke commercial that was running right around the time that Brosnan was supposed to become Bond?

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's weird that I knew everything in that slideshow except the first thing you mentioned, which is definitely the most important.

Crystal McKellar didn't look innocent enough to play Winnie Cooper. She was perfect as Becky Slater, probably the best minor character in the show.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Frank character didn't appear in an episode un 'The Handicap Spot' in the fourth season, and the role was played by John Randolph. It was the only epsiode in which Randolph appeared, and it weas reshot with Stiller for continuity.

Similarly, 'The Revenge' in the second season is the first inclusion of the Newman character, although he never appears on screen. He's an offscreen voice of the character threatening to jump from the roof. The part was voiced by David, but later dubbed with Knight for continuity.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Barney Martin had a bigger role in more great Seinfeld episodes than Jerry Stiller. That's not to say he was better than Jerry Stiller, just that he had a bigger role while the series was great. They tapped into Jerry Stiller a lot in the last three seasons, when they needed fresh humor. It largely worked, and Stiller might even be the standout character from that stretch.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Timothy Dalton was in line to get Bond for Live and Let Die, but the part went to Moore instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted