1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you unique at work?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear undwear...

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm dying to know your on-screen name. :D

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've been known to be at the office working until 3:30 in the morning and then come in at 10 a.m. the next day.

I'm known as THE workaholic in the office.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm the youngest and newest in my department, and I work six or seven days a week.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I just try to be as polite as possible - a "thank you" for every favor or task accomplished, increasingly helpful, etc. It's a striking contrast to the other folks who run around, throw stuff on desks, tell you to do something and don't make you feel wanted.

I hope, to others, it's a welcome disruption. I'd rather work with someone like me.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Mike, we've made it quite clear we're not falling for your "I have a job" bullshit.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sorry. I'll think of something else for next time.

8. I'm the youngest person in the building, by a longshot.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

What me makes unique at work? I'm under 50.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

My politics, my tattoos, my utter disdain for dressing up and my complete inability/unwillingess to hide any of the three.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Uniqueness = self-delusion

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The only Canadian on the office vine. Probably the only one with the (near-)complete works of Antonioni and Bergman. Only one who doesn't eat meat. Not the only one who likes hockey. I'm probably the only one who doesn't have a degree. I'm the only one who feels like he has to (and wants to) write stuff other than sports to stay (reasonably) sharp.

YD&OHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted