1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes this piece bad, Vol 1: Ann Coulter on soccer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Jun 26, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I would rather cover city hall than any soccer match.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, Inky, but you are wrong about that. There are absolutely soccer fans who say that when somebody simply claims that soccer is not his or her thing.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No more nor less than fans of other sports who flip out when you say that about their favorite games.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Things Coulter said while watching USMNT-Germany.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/shouts/2014/06/things-ann-coulter-said-while-watching-the-us-germany-soccer-game.html

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I told one friend, "I want to hear you talk about World Cup like you want to hear me talk about WrestleMania."

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Although I still think Coulter is Fred Phelps-like and giving her any attention at all detracts from humanity, it is quite entertaining to envision Shaughnessy confronting the fact that he occupies the same intellectual space.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think she is shittng where she eats on this one. Does anyone think the majority of soccer moms rolling in 75k SUVs and 50k minivans come from Obama voting homes?

That is a lot of the Romney/TEA/GOP base she is shitting on here.

And Skeletor is such a perfect nickname for her.

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely convinced she's a conservative. I mean no one can be that crazy and that dumb, right? This has to be some Colbert-like schtick where she pretends to be some uber troll.
    At least that's what the optimist in me wants to believe.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, I hear it a lot more from soccer fans. As if the basics of the game are so hard to understand?

10. joe

joe Active Member

Well, at least with the other major sports, you don't have to worry about being bitten (boxing excluded).

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And hockey

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Skeletor shits where he eats in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted