1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes her so special?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jun 28, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

One of my favorite J. Burton quotes, which I wasn't around for, but others here probably were:

"Growing up, Ward's bedroom window faced south."

:D

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

that is a good one.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is good. And I'd always wondered the same thing about them.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think I may start a pool on when will she win a race.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The difference is that so few people care about Indy car racing that she really didn't have to do very much to overshadow it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He won more than 30 races at Daytona. But only one 500. And 10 races at Talladega. He was the best plate racer of his age.

You know she's already won one, right?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I should've qualified it to being when she wins an American Indy race or a NASCAR Nationwide series event.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Daytona, at least, does seem to reward skill and a good car more than Talladega does. You still get the packs and the pushing and the breakaways at Daytona, but for the most part the more dominant cars seem to finish on top unless they get caught in a big wreck like the one Saturday night.
    Talladega, it doesn't matter. There have been races where the difference between first and 30th was something like two seconds, maybe less. Fall out of the draft and you can go from first to 30th that quickly, too. You don't win at Talladega. You just happen to lead the last lap.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Danica Rulz
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted