1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes anyone think Roe v. Wade will be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not accusing anything. Just getting the stipulation in there.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"As long as you don't stipulate that any rape victim that doesn't want an abortion has to have one."

I think my reading comprehension is pretty strong. No one on this thread has even come close to suggesting rape victims MUST have an abortion. So why do you even need the stipulation?

3. old_tony

If a 17-year-old is raped but wants to keep the baby, yet her parents want to force her to have an abortion. Or how about if a woman is raped but doesn't want the abortion and her husband or boyfriend tries to force her to have it. Two very possible situations.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Both of which are illegal. Abortions can't be forced in this country. This isn't fucking China.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, we'll give you those millions. But you are responsible for feeding, sheltering, clothing, educating and disciplining all those children. How are you going to do it? And where are you going to get the money to do it?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The "where are you going to get all the money" card can be played by both sides on pretty much any issue. I wish people would stop using it.

And Piotr, you seem like a cool guy, but WTF are you doing starting a thread on abortion? Stick to the Hulk or Battlestar Galactica, will ya? :)

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

He doesn't want to stipulate that.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Piece of cake. Pretty soon the baby factory will quit working and they will need to start adopting.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought I was starting a thread asking people to explain why Democrats continue to act like Roe v. Wade is slated for overturning.

I soon realized my mistake. Still, it hasn't gotten too bad yet . . . . . .

10. old_tony

So then you admit that the pro-abortion lobby is really putting money ahead of life?

Here's a hint: It's called responsibility. Look into it. And being irresponsible doesn't mean you get to kill as your solution.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If life begins at conception. Not a settled issue. And OT, you pretty much said you think that a woman is responsible for being raped.

12. old_tony

Sorry, but I allowed that exception to Doc a few posts up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.