1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes a company truly great

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 8, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Newspaper of record. Best, and most original, reporting.

One of only two excellent papers left in America (and I rarely read the other one).

Where should I look to for conversation starters?

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Conversation starters? Is that what we're calling them?

3. YankeeFan

Sure. In this instance at least.

The Times regularly writes about interesting topics, worthy of further consideration and discussion.

I guess I could look to the Podunk Press and see what's going on in Hints from Heloise, Dear Abby, or Hagar the Horrible.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You don't have to stick with newspapers to find topics worthy of discussion.

5. YankeeFan

I heard an awesome debate on the local sports radio program the other day...

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yep, that's what I meant.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The guy at Comics Curmudgeon has an interesting take on Hagar the Horrible. You know how Hagar bounces around erratically from fighting with his wife to storming the countryside to being marooned on various desert islands, without care of a time element? His theory is that Hagar and his sidekick Lucky Eddie are on a desert island now, and all the strips that show pillaging and forced yearly bath taking are actually disjointed flashbacks as Hagar and friend gradually lose their minds as they remain stranded. How do they stay alive after (presumably) all this time? Well, you'll notice that Hagar has a full crew when he sails the seven seas and runs riot on various English and French castles. And that the desert island strips only show Hagar and Lucky Eddie. You do the math.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Will they be the first major characters in a children's-oriented comic strip to come out?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've always thought Blondie was quite the MILF. I think she's packing 38DDs.
    Dagwood is a lucky man. Only way I figure he can pull and keep that kind of tail, is he probably attacks her cooch like it's a ham sandwich.

10. dooley_womack1

Blondie is, um, auditioning to be Mr. Dithers' trophy wife.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Mr. Dithers' company is a truly great company.

12. dooley_womack1

He's a primo job creator.

Draft saved Draft deleted