1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What major event do you hope you live to see?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jul 4, 2009.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Pretty straightforward ... what do you hope to see happen in your lifetime? World peace? Clean energy? Megan Fox naked?

Personally, I'd like to be alive to see the day the existence of intelligent life from other worlds is confirmed. Whether it's aliens landing and showing off some cool space technology (hopefully without wiping us out in the process) or us sending a probe into deep space that discovers a colonized planet, I think it would be great to confirm that earth is not the only planet capable of supporting intelligent life (microbes and such are cool, but I wanna see some aliens, dammit).

What say you?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Immortality becomes cheap and freely available.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I will agree with you Pern on alien life, but I also want to see some true virtual reality programs.
    As a video game geek, I love my games, and if I were able to get inside something and feel like I am actually in the game I am playing it would be amazing. The good thing about this want is that we are actually pretty close with all the motion-sensing games and whatnot.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Communicating with friendly beings from another planet would end a lot of bullshit (whose religion is correct)on this planet.

My daughter winning the U.S. Open (golf) would work as well.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Precious, the Army has some pretty realistic virtual reality flight simulators, these days. I've been flying them the last couple of weeks in an aviation mission planning course, and they're pretty cool. Probably about as realistic as it can get, IMO.

As far as the thread, I'd love to see OBL captured. Better yet, even killed by some young Soldier/Marine from New York. I hope I'm part of that fight.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Holy crap, that's funny. I was going to say Megan Fox in Playboy as a joke response before I even opened the thread. :)

I'd love to see financial independence before I die.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

tbf, I know about those programs and they are freaking awesome. Can't wait till a commercial side of them are made available.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Well here's Ms. Fox naked: http://img-p.mrskin.com/data/_rp/00006776/posts/post_11703/Megan_Fox_topless_naked_nude_breasts_boobs_nipple_patches.jpg

Obviously very NSFW.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Nipple patches?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sean Bean's fourth divorce

11. Trouser_Buddah

I hope I live to never see the inevitable Mr. Bean picture...

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Alien life already does exist and we're a part of it.
    http://danbern.com/fiftyeggslyrics.html#nomissinglink
    (if written profanity is NSFW, then the link is NSFW)

Draft saved Draft deleted