1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What lunch meats do you buy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Oct 6, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cranberries sauce is also great on a turkey sandwich, and if you have the time, baking a turkey breast on Sunday to last you through the week is a lot better than getting the $8.50 a pound, salted to death stuff from the market.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mayo is needed for tuna and chicken salad.
    On almost every other sandwich it is vile.

The sandwich shop at my college is infuriating with the mayo. They put mayo on everything. The kids who work there don't listen when you ask for mustard/no mayo.
    And they absolutely crush the sandwich with mayo. They pile it on.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fuck mayo.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When eating out at restaurants or delis or whatever, mayo is fine. At home, Miracle Whip is my go-to.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Sorry, when I say mayo, I mean Miracle Whip. Do not like Hellmans or whatever else. Gotta be Miracle whip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

Gotcha. I think we're in the minority. There seems to be an absurd level of hatred for Miracle Whip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I put away a whole lot of these growing up.

[​IMG]

8. JackReacher

I've been eating Esskay Barbecue Loaf since I was a kid. And I'm still not quite sure exactly what it is. Other than delicious. It's rare that I run across someone who has even heard of it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I know a guy who's family makes home-made salami. They all get together once a year and make salami.
    It's really good, too.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I really dislike every mayonnaise substitute I've tried. I go with Duke's Mayonnaise every time. It seems more flavorful than Hellmann's, though I know some would say that's a bad thing.

I often use mayo and spicy mustard together and definitely prefer spicy mustard on almost anything. I'd probably go with both on liverwurst, which I'll buy a quarter pound of next time I'm at the grocery store.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Mayo sucks.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It would never in a million years occur to me to put mayo and liverwurst together. My family is Dutch so buns and cold cuts were a common breakfast. I grew up eating liverwurst on toast with just a little mustard. Yummy.

Draft saved Draft deleted