1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Legacy Do You Hope to Leave Behind/Contribution to Society

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Aug 8, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just one man?

2. Flash

Flash Guest

One that I know of for sure ...

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Some of us, very sadly, never got to see that pic or I guarantee it would have made more than one man's day.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I wonder where that is ...

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That's kind of what I was thinking.

And I hope I keep the body count low when I finally snap so I'm not called a MASS murder by the press, just crazed gunman :)

6. I'm doing everything I can to hasten the destruction of the planet.

Seriously.

7. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Link?

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'll bite since everyone was so gracious on my "do you have girls" thread.
    (By the way, it was encouraging to read so many fathers' positive thoughts and wishes regarding the welfare of their daughters. It's easy to forget posters here are real people when I just peer through the knothole and watch the show. So thanks to everyone who responded for showing me a special, and important, side of you.)

As for my legacy, I try every day to improve my little patch of the planet just a tiny bit. It might be picking up litter, turning off the AC even though I really really really need it, or walking to the east side rather than taking a cab. Those are such simple things, and not really elements of a legacy, but the idea is when I'm gone, someone might say, hey she really did make the world a better place.

I also do volunteer work with pre-teen and teen inner-city girls. Sometimes we read the sports pages together and giggle, or learn a new word. They teach me slang, which almost always gets killed from my copy. We talk about nutrition, self-esteem and why it's not the best idea to have a baby at age 13. They've helped shape my thoughts in so many ways, too. Guess that's my contribution. But I get so much more from them.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's usually the case when doing volunteer work with kids.

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I would like to write a couple of books, perhaps based on local sports, and become a legendary sports journalist in my area. I would like people to remember my name long after I hang up my pen and notebook.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My photography.

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Is it sad that I don't want to contribute anything? That my life would be everything that I want it to be if I were able to fade into the abyss without everyone pining over me.
    I would die thinking that I was a great husband to a great wife and we had a wonderful life together.
    That's all I care about, until I have kids then I will try to mimic AlleyAllen as best I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted