1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of employment ad is this?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Drip, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know its rough but why would you want to put someone looking for a job through crap like this?
    From Journalismjobs.com
    COPY EDITOR

The York Daily Record/York Sunday News seeks innovative copy editor with track record of success to help us write the next chapter in journalism. Will juggle breaking news, features and online stories. Will develop new storytelling methods using print, multimedia and online tools. Tell us why newspapers will survive and why you want to stay on this roller-coaster through tough times. Tell us how you have made a difference. Send resume, clips to:

Managing Editor, York Daily Record/York Sunday News, 1891 Loucks Road, York, PA 17408

Or e-mail to: rparker@ydr.com

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

I dunno, but the folks at the YDR are good people.

3. dsg155

dsg155 Member

Well they may find the right candidate that way, someone with a positive in a somewhat negative-feeling industry right now.

4. captzulu

captzulu Member

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just being honest about the state of the industry, and as dsg155 says, they might find the right candidate this way, someone who can deal with the tough situation.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

OK. Now you tell me if this job won't be cut six months after I'm hired. Deal?

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Stop making GridironTV and the YDR might have a future.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

The idea of writing a composition about this industry sucks.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Why can't I just write what I want for Christmas instead? An official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time. Oh, and a job.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Daily Record is the growing paper in a two-paper town. The smugness of some people in management there is a bit too much for my tastes, but they can get away with it, just because.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's nothing new wicked. The YDR has been growing for the last two decades.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. I know the scene there, Drip. Just saying, this is par for the course for them on the news side.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Huh? It says send resume and clips.

Draft saved Draft deleted