1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your irrational fear?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 27, 2007.

1. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Irrational fears ... snakes (even though I've never encountered a poisonous one) and needles. I make my wife take my 3-year-old to the doc because the sight of them makes me wretch.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You should probably find a pediatrician who doesn't use snakes.

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that would be against my religion. We drink poison at the doctor's office, too :).

4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I'm right there with ya dude! I have no problem if I'm strapped in, been rock climbing hundreds of times. But, the moment I walk near a ledge on my own, I'm freaking out!

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I had no idea so many people were afraid of bridges. That has never once ever crossed my mind.

That's really interesting.

I witnessed a really bad car crash a few years ago, and while I wasn't afraid to drive on highways, I remember thinking, for two straight years, that every time I got on a highway, I wondered if I would get off of it alive.

I got over it, but it took two damn years.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Lady Gaga.

For real, though, dying in a car crash and elevators. Still ride in both, pretty much everyday of my life.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

fear that every time a relative travels the plane will crash. i'm not the least bit afraid of flying when i'm traveling but always irrationally slightly terrified that when a relative flies, i'll never see them again.

Draft saved Draft deleted