1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your irrational fear?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I fear that CCI will somehow invade the power grid and my micowave oven will be able to read my mind.

2. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Member

Attics. Dark, hot, weird light slanting through. Pink gobs of insulation. Ugh.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sliding down a banister of razor blades into a vat of alcohol.

4. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I'm with Arnold, and Indiana Jones ... gotta be snakes ... then again, I was once set upon by a rattler one evening in a residential area of Waco, TX. Didn't see it until it was a few feet behind me .... leaped onto the roof of my car in a single bound ... on the other hand, death doesn't bother me ... it's gonna happen ... has no sting ...

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I am afraid that what I perceive as my real life is actually my dream life and what I perceive as my dream life is actually my real life.`

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

If that's true I spend a ridiculous percentage of my "awake" hours walking around without pants on.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well, in some instances one might wish his/her dream life was his/her real life.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned mine. Heights, and an accompanying fear of falling.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I was just about to say that. I have an irrational fear that I will, for whatever reason, lose my balance and fall to my death. Or get bumped into and fall to my death. Or at the very least, lean over to look and lose my glasses forever when they slide off my face, somehow believing that the gravity is stronger the higher up you go and can pull them right off my face.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Losing my college degree. I was a slack-ass student, spending all my time at the college paper. I've always felt bad about that, to the point of having a dream about once a month for years about being back on campus and skipping classes and showing up for exam day and failing miserably. I figure someday a registrar will review old records and realize I really didn't earn a degree.

To which of course I'll plead my case by showing a career in journalism and the wealth I've amassed. Ooops.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This thread should be right up Gribble's Rusty's alley.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've had temporary phobias.
    When I was a kid I developed a weird fear of catepillars. I eventually got over it.
    As an adult, I inexplicably became convinced that I would be struck by lightning. It lasted for three or four years and then I got over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted