1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite day of the year?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Where you receive time-travelling love letters from Sandra Bullock via magic mail box?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    EStreetJoe, Tweener and JackReacher like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Masters Sunday.

Double Down likes this.
  3. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Recently, it's been the Sunday before Mardi Gras. We have friends that live a block off the parade route and they throw a party each year with the first parade rolling at about 11 am. Midday break around 4, then another couple parades roll at 6 pm. My attendance at the late parades has been sparse.

JackReacher likes this.
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Any day I'm above ground.

Chef2, EStreetJoe, Vombatus and 2 others like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think this is my vote; or, if not, Halloween.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving. Not living in the same city as any of my family makes going back a little more special.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The first full day at my family's summer cabin in the mountains. It's a long-ass drive to get there (17-18 hours), we usually arrive mid-to-late afternoon after driving through the night and are pretty beat. After a night's sleep, waking up to bright blue sky at 8000 feet, going for a long walk around the other cabins and then just settling in for the day and night is wonderful.

It's also the favorite day of the year for our dog, even though she seems to never have a bad day.

Riptide and Vombatus like this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving by a long shot. The night before you can usually get a good buzz on because you can sleep in the next day (provided you don't have a newborn). You wake up to the smell of food cooking and loved ones are generally lounging around in sweats. If you have college-age kids, they're home. If you're so inclined, you can head out to catch the hs football rivalry game in your town, maybe see some old friends you haven't seen in a while. The macy's day parade is a great opportunity to renew your disdain for lipsyncing. Then it's drinking, eating, socializing and watching NFL football from like noon (or whenever game one of the tripleheader starts) right up till the game on the NFL Network concludes. Then you watch Elf for the thousandth time. On Thanksgiving, you're not yet stressed out about the Christmas season. It's still a hopeful time. Thanksgiving is awesome.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

April Fool's Day.

I ALWAYS take the day off so that I'm not in the newsroom at risk of getting sent to a hoax. Best 8 hours of PTO I burn each year.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That nobody has said 3/14 is quite the upset.

For me, it's today. I'm not being deep, it's the first day of summer vacation.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Page 2 on 3/14.

I love the week of The Open. I love getting up in the wee hours and watching it. Masters Sunday is pretty sweet. We always move our 12:30 matches up to 9:30.......finish by airtime, then and watch the coverage in the clubhouse.

Draft saved Draft deleted