1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is WRONG with people? Chapter 3,456,823,908,126,324,761

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_funeral_protests

Father fights local fundamentalists who . . . are idiots.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to get a subject heading that actually reflects what the post is about?

And which people are you asking what is wrong with? The father who is fighting a pointless fight that only serves to further the fundamentalist whackos' agenda, or the fundamentalist whackos?

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I believe it is possible, yes.

That's up to you. I only present the facts, and let the reader decide.

Any and all whackos and non-whackos are in play, including whack-a-moles, whack-a-doodles, and whack-a-daisies. That's Whack! is NOT in play, however.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

How about whack-a-kitty?

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Are you sure that no kitties were harmed in the making of that film?

What IS wrong with people!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Fred Phelps created a family to deliver his insane message of hate and to be legally immune at the same time.

He reproduced a lot, and beat them senselessly until they were all good enough students to get law degrees. Now, all of those kids have had lots of kids. I have a feeling this isn't all going to go away as soon as Fred Phelps dies (where are you, terminal illness?)

The Phelps clan are all nutjobs but they're not stupid. They know the law inside and out and they nudge right up against the line between right and wrong but never cross it.

I'm glad those legal fees are taken care of by outside source. Now that's what's RIGHT with people who are in a position to help.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think their biggest thing is they LIKE the attention. The more people that throw fits over this, the more they like it.

I've never really been an advocate of just ignoring them, but this might be best in this case.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://jakegarland.tumblr.com/post/499903503/you-know-youre-a-bunch-of-assholes-when

Even the Klan doesn't want anything to do with Phelps.

Draft saved Draft deleted