1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is With Society's Hatred of Fat People?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bacon Cheeseburger, May 23, 2007.

1. Homocide

Homocide New Member

nice.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's because they make it to old age.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for the expert opinion, Dr. Boots.

4. boots

boots New Member

My opinion is no different from yours ace.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's all because you take two seats on the subway.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Then why does my doctor keep telling me to lose 20 pounds? So I'll die quicker and quit bothering him?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is fucking priceless...

8. boots

boots New Member

Doctors aren't Gods. There is a difference between being obese and being fat. I'm sure you know the difference.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Kudos, Joe, for the Lyle Lovett lyrics.

The purveyors of junk food don't market to kids?
    That's an interesting opinion.
    Fast-food, high-sugar breakfast cereals, candy, etc. Those products make tobacco marketing look amateurish when it comes to locking up the youth market.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The obesity epidemic certainly affects more people today than second hand smoke (and the negative effects of that are now said to be grossly overstated). Cigarettes have been taxed like crazy over the past 15 years, people can no longer smoke in bars, restaurants.....basically any building. Smokers are now forced to smoke outside, (personaly I think thats best for everyone)....so the chance of a persons health being affected by second hand smoke have greatly diminished.

I don't hate any group of people, and I don't hate fat people but I hate it when I see an obese person that can barely walk devour greasy food and feed their fat kids the same stuff, not giving their kids any chance to a healthy life, that really bothers me because I know my insurance costs will rise because that family doesn't even make an effort.....just like when I see a parent smoking in a house where children live.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's the "bone-out" wings that causes all this.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is that what that thread was about? I was afraid to open it.

Draft saved Draft deleted