1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is this f-ing ESPN crap? What is the most "now" tournament?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, this stuff sucks. But I just watched a full segment of it just to see Erin Andrews!!! Jesus, loved what she was wearing.

But this is the largest pile of dung ESPN has had on during sportscenter. Still better than Bonds on Bonds.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Clearly, ESPN is trying to rescue this thing. Wasn't an actress on the "panel" last week?

3. Kevin Morales

Kevin Morales Member

I agree, Bob. Hate the segment, but gotta love Erin Andrews. Although, why is she stealing Lee Corso's thunder and referring to everyone as, 'my friend'?

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Yep, I did the same at the gym for Jessica Biel (sp?).

Great avatar by the way (Bob - lol)!

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

This "Who's Now" crap is awful. This paragraph in SI's evisceration of the concept made me laugh out loud..
    "If you must have drama, rerun one of those lushly scored Chris Connelly spots about a tyke who regenerates a mistakenly amputated limb, then, if that weren't traumatic enough, is forced to have lunch with Stephon Marbury."
    Classic.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning, turned on SC, saw Erin on there and sat staring for the very same reason.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than Who's Now is when they end the first segment with "we'll be back later in the show" NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Draft saved Draft deleted