1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is this f-ing ESPN crap? What is the most "now" tournament?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Re: What is this f-ing ESPN crap? Who is the most "now" tournament?

Can you even fathom being the guy(s)/gal(s) who were responsible for the seeding? Try to wrap your head around that.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Re: What is this f-ing ESPN crap? Who is the most "now" tournament?

That's now, man!

That's real NOW!

[​IMG]

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Re: What is this f-ing ESPN crap? Who is the most "now" tournament?

Now lets not get crazy over here Dan :D

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

You did the right thing. You deserve a medal for that

5. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Superstars! That show was awesome. Lynn Swann was the Tecmo Bo of the obstacle course.

6. rgd

rgd Guest

I'd like to see an NIT-esque version of Who's Now. Who would be in the field of that tourney? I nominate Rex Grossman.

7. Monster get.
    We reach, brother.

8. 0-fer

0-fer Member

I'd like to see a "Who's NOT now." Maybe a little Keyshawn vs. Kwame Brown as a 1 vs. 16. Oh wait, then who would take KJ's place on the "expert" panel?

Seriously, this is one of the most ridiculous things the WWL has done in recent years. What an absolute shit network. I'll take Classic, but only for the boxing and the American Gladiator reruns. Nothing like reliving the early late 80's and early 90's, and if you like (or more appropiately, like to make fun of) mullets, this is the stuff.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I'm still trying to fathom how the panel – Keyshawn, Herbstreit and Wilbon – concluded that LaDainian Tomlinson was less "now" than David Beckham.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It amazes me that some of you actually are watching this crap. After watching the first day, that was enough for me. When I'm watching a SportsCenter on DVR, I fast-forward through it. If I'm watching live, I flip the channel. Why waste your time on this?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

During the toss-up segment on "PTI" the other day, Wilbon and LeBetard debated who was more now, Keyshawn or Herbstreit. (Split decision there.) I'm hoping that was Wilbon's sarcasm shining through for ESPN making him do this.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I pray that no athlete "challenges" the findings or is so pissed he doesn't talk to ESPN anymore. And after watching the pathetic ESPYs, I don't think LeBron is so "now" anymore, judging by the parade of "stars" they trotted out.

Draft saved Draft deleted