1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is this f-ing ESPN crap? What is the most "now" tournament?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: What is this f-ing ESPN crap? Who is the most "now" tournament?

This is my happening and ... nevermind.

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Yikes. That was the most meaningless five minutes of drivel I've ever seen. That music gets unnerving after about 15 seconds and the idea is just flawed on so many levels. I don't even want to know what happens to the winner.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And there is DJ stewy

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

maybe if rachel nichols hosted it ... wait, that would tarnish an image i don't need tarnished.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BigLead, now that you mentioned it, I remember a blog two years ago that did a NCAA-like tournament on the worst announcers/analyst in every sport. It was the funniest stuff I ever read in my life.

I liked the dolphin story, I don't mind Arena Football coverage, and I can deal with the My Wish segment, if the WWL isn't making too obivious to the families of what was going on. The kids can't be that coy to know whose calling them to grant their wishes.

6. Re: What is this f-ing ESPN crap? Who is the most "now" tournament?

"God, this thing ESPN is doing is a gigantic waste of time. Are they just trying to fill space?" say the anonymous posters, who then log off and go back to sizing the picture of the 9-year-old Little League travel All-Stars, then work on the bowling agate from the 50-and-over town league.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another steaming dripping bucket of Boo-Yah from the WWL. ::) ::)

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

My God, does this suck...

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I checked the brackets, what a waste of time. Woods vs. Leinart (gimme a break) It's all about LeBron. End of story. The web site is pretty extensive. What a waste. Hey why doesn't somebody put together a bracket, say 32 slots, on the most annoying things about ESPN?
    I nominate Stu Scott, Chris Connely and invented sports-like product (like Who's Now) as top seeds.

10. digger

digger New Member

What a waste! I'm torn on what to do - I'd go vote for Matt Leinert to try to screw up the whole thing, but that would be acknowledging this stupid waste of time's existence.

Holy crap.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was watching sports highlights with a 10-year-old sports obsessed kid over the weekend and it came on. I am not sure what the criteria are, other than who is more popular, and their first bracket was "Tiger Woods vs. Matt Leinart." The kid was all into it, asking me what I thought. I felt like a dick, because instead of playing along I told him it was stupid and contrived. I couldn't help it, though.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm just embarrassed about how yesterday I am.

Draft saved Draft deleted