1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the worst action movie series ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 24, 2008.

?

What is the worst action movie series ever made?

1. Missing In Action

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Death Wish

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Rambo

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Delta Force

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Bad Boys

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Die Hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Transporter

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Terminator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. James Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Speed

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. American Ninja

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  12. Iron Eagle

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  13. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Which one had Curt Gowdy?

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

True Lies was a lot of fun. For a while, I had "Speed" over "Die Hard" as the best action film ever. But upon further review, Speed just went over the top with the subway sequence.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was a tough call, but in the end I had to go with American Ninja over Iron Eagle. As bad as the first Iron Eagle was, it's infitinely rewatchable. And if you don't shed a tear when Little Doug Master yells out "CHAPPPPYYYYY!!!!" for his fallen mentor, or cheer when he shoots down a head of state in a dogfight ... well, you're just a card-carryin' commie is all you are.
    Now, American Ninja? I don't think a single one of those were any good. The fact there was an American Ninja 2, let alone an American Ninja 3-through-5, just blows my mind.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I think I saw a double feature of "American Ninja" and "Remo Williams" in 1985. Good times for an 11-year-old. Oh, Michael Dudikoff where have you gone?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The same one that had Kurtis Blow.

I think it was called Krush Groove 3.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hangin' and bangin' in Redondo Beach, man. Just inspiring people with the awesomeness that is Michael Dudikoff:
    http://www.michaeldudikoff.net/biography.html

From his bio:

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Rambo.

Can't believe I'm the first one to vote for the village idiot in question.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap that's funny.

and according to his "bio," he hasn't had a movie since 2002. So apparently he's occuyping his free time in crazy creative fashion.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My vote goes to Iron Eagle, I barely knew it was a series until a buddy at work mentioned they made more than one.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Bad Boys is a well-acted, underrated early 1980s classic about Sean Penn in a juvenile correction facility. His emotional and physical battles with n'e'r do wells like Viking and Tweedy, and the legendary Paco Moreno, make for a riveting and criminally overlooked film. That piece of shit wth Martin lawrence and Will Smith doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

When Penn loads up the pillow case with cans of RC Cola and pounds those guys _ good stuff.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I thought the Bad Boys listed here was Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.

Draft saved Draft deleted