1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the worst action movie series ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 24, 2008.

?

What is the worst action movie series ever made?

1. Missing In Action

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Death Wish

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Rambo

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Delta Force

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Bad Boys

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Die Hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Transporter

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Terminator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. James Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Speed

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. American Ninja

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  12. Iron Eagle

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  13. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This came up at lunch today.
    My coworker was badmouthing Rambo, which admittedly got to be pretty bad after the first two - Yes, I liked the second film.
    This got me thinking: What's the worst action movie series ever made? I'm not talking about a string of Jean Claude Van Damme or Steven Segal movies, I mean a series in which the same title character appeared and a LOT of people died.
    Oh there have been stinkers (Missing in Action, Delta Force, Bad Boys, Death Wish)...
    I'm looking at more large budget movies, ruling out things like the Psycho Cop series.
    For my money Death Wish is the undisputed King of Crap. Charles Bronson sucked. These movies were horrible - they don't even rate on the craptacular scale.
    What's your vote?

I'll add any serious contenders to the poll. ..

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How can you lump Bad Boys in with MIA, Delta Force and Death Wish???

The Terminator???

James Bond???

What the hell is going on here???

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I stand by my assertion that Death Wish 3 is one of the funniest movies ever made. It is so bad, it's off the charts on the unintentional comedy scale.
    The final, climactic scene where half of New York is rioting, the Puerto Rican guy is picking people off at 100 yards with a zip gun -- a fucking zip gun! -- Charles Bronson fires a rocket launcher in his apartment and doesn't have a scratch on him, and the whole thing is treated like a summertime watergun fight in the suburbs is .... well, it's just awesome.
    And who can forget a pre-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Alex Winter as The Giggler? "They shot The Giggler, man!"
    That this thing got snubbed for an Oscar is a travesty of the highest order.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Delta Force was so cheesy!

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This poll sucks. Not only are there solid movies in it, there's no reference to Best Of The Best and for some strange reason there's no mention at all of Andy Sidaris' oeuvre. My disappointment is boundless.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget the "American Ninja" series. They made five of those things.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I know I was stuck on a trans-Atlantic flight watching a movie called "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" starring Fred Ward and Joel Grey.

Amazingly, there was no sequel, despite the title.

8. I was trying to think of.
    I kept coming up with Chuck Norris action movies and Gymkata - can't believe Mitch Gaylord didn't do a sequel.

9. Kurt Thomas was in Gymkata.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

American Ninja isn't nearly mainstream enough to make this poll.

All of the others had at least one pretty good film in the series.

I'll bet with all of the sequels available in that list that none are worse than Speed 2.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Robocop sequels were awful. The first one was great.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

Draft saved Draft deleted