1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the worse loss?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 5, 2008.

?

The Yankees losing Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS to blow a 3-0 lead, or the Patriots losing to the Giants

1. Yankees in 2004

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. Patriots in 2008

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hmmm....

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yankees. Anything can happen in one game. If you get four cracks at it and can't win any of them, that's a complete disaster.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

What you said, except you said it first.

4. Simon_Cowbell

I'm just talking about one game

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

If the Patriots led 28-0 in the waning minutes of the third quarter and lost, it would be worse. As is, nothing tops the Yankees' epic fall.

Neat they're both Boston-NY stories though. Take that, rest of the country!!!!

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Which one? Game 7? The Super Bowl would obviously be worse because Game 7 wasn't close, but I don't think you can look at it in a vacuum. You have to consider the whole series.

Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS could be looked at as a single, devastating loss. But you have to take all of the 2004 series into consideration. And it's not close. It's easily the ALCS over the Super Bowl.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You can't talk about just one game. The Yankees loss wouldn't be considered one of the all-timers if both teams had exchanged win for win over the first six games.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Just what was at stake in that one game.... and what was lost.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yankees. Hands down.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

It was already lost.

11. I think the Red Sox lost to the Mets in the World Series was worse, whoops, there I go with that whole Boston/NY thing again :)

12. Simon_Cowbell

Not even close.

There was still a game 7 afterward.

Draft saved Draft deleted