1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best sports website and why?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EE94, Aug 16, 2007.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

There's a ton out there, especially when you consider the question internationally, but I was curious about website opinions. What brings you back to a particular site?

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Sound information, clips that you can view, up to date statistics, breaking news as it's happening, analysis/columns/blogs. I guess when I look at websites, I want them to be as comprehensive, informative and complete as possible.

3. This should be good ...

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

I was hoping for serious discussion

5. I actually find the pages that start up the audio and video by itself (a la MLB websites) a little too much. if i want to kill my computer and slow it down, let me choose to do so rather than force me to hear/watch something i dont want to

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You're on it right now.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Baseball-Reference.com. Spend five minutes on the site, and you'll know why.

8. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

I second that motion, and, if you're a real stat-head, must agree with mike about baseball- (and basketball-) reference.com.

Also, if you're looking for web sites on just about everything in sports, or to read most of the major sports sections in the country on a daily basis, The Sports Hot Sheet ( http://hotsheet.50webs.com/sports.htm ) is great. I've filled my browser with bookmarks thanks to it.

9. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

ditto for hotsheet.

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

Appreciate that. One reason I was asking is I might get an opportunity with one and was looking to pick brains about what people like about websites.
    Was thinking of the AOL, ESPN mode, ones that disseminate information as a news source rather than a reference site.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If you want to go in-depth on baseball, retrosheet.org is money, too.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

sportsjournalists.com ... duh!

[removing lips from ass]

Draft saved Draft deleted